Sunday, August 29, 2010

Oh Canada! Day 9

Day Nine...we are up early to get down to Vancouver airport to catch a flight to Toronto...although I was up even earlier to listen to the Carlton vs Fremantle game which started at the wonderful time of 4am Vancouver time. And even better was the part where Carlton lost by a goal =(


Anyway enough of that...so we had an 8am flight to Toronto which is early by anyone's standards. I chose to avoid coffee pre-flight in order to attempt sleep on the flight...something that I have not really been able to master in my 27 years on this planet! But today was my lucky day...I basically slept the whole flight.

Now the flight between Vancouver and Toronto takes 4 hours...add to that the 3 hour time difference...by the time I reached my destination it was late afternoon. We made a quick stop at the hotel and then it was off for dinner...which for today was All you can eat Italian food. Not bad selection generally speaking...although there was a severe lack of Pizza options available...and that was something I had been craving.

Afterwards I headed to something I probably shouldnt admit on a public blog...and NO its not a strip club...much worse actually...Karaoke! So we sung the night away, mixed with my trialing of different Canadian beers...none of which are a scratch on the stuff back home..but they are not as bad as what they call Beer in China.

First day in Toronto...and loads of fun!

No comments: