Saturday, August 21, 2010

Oh Canada! Day 2

Well my second day in Vancouver started the best way possible...a trip down to the gym! We headed on down to Fitness World where I got my first taste of the gym...Canada style. Definitely not up to the same level of facilities im used to back home, it still has most of the basics...although only one squat rack was disappointing...considering how many benches they had. So in order to not waste anytime at all...I got straight into my normal workout ...which at the moment is still GVT. Gave the body a good old fashioned smashing and felt great for it!

After we finished up...we headed to a nice Sushi restaurant that goes by the name of Sushi Garden. While Im not the biggest Sushi fan going around, I have to admit this place definitely served up some tasty stuff! We ordered Salmon Sashimi, two types of Maki Sushi which were Chopped Scallops and Alaska roll (Avocado, Tobiko and Salmon) and Tempura...as you can see in the following shots...



After lunch we hit Tim Horton's where i grabbed a couple donuts and a coffee...a couple of "good" donuts! I will definitely be hitting there a few more times before I leave to try a few of the other varieties of donuts on offer! Might give the Latte's a miss there though...very poor form!

I had booked tickets to Kooza a few months back so before we headed to watch it, we went into downtown Vancouver and had some Greek food. Really good stuff, although we were a bit rushed to get to the show so I didnt get to look around too much...but one thing that did stick out was one particular sign in the window of a sex shop...which read "25 cent Peep Show"!!! Only 25cents!! And here I was walking down the street with three 25 cent coins in my pocket...if only we weren't strapped for time!
Kooza was my third time watch Cirque Du Soleil, and although it probably wasnt quite as good as the one on show in Melbourne last year (I think it was Dralion...but I forget), it was still a great show! Not too many mistakes, apart from the female acrobat, who failed on her final flip unfortunately.


On the way back from the show, we stopped in at McDonalds where I grabbed 2 apple pies and a vanilla shake...or as they call them "extra thick Milk Shake". The amusing thing there was that you buy one apple pie for $1.10 and you can get two apple pies for $1.30...only 20cents for the second one! So naturally I ate two =)

So overall it was an awesome day...now I'm just hoping people back home will be voting correctly and we will see a change in power....!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SLURP!! Yummy!!! ......Oh I'm actually referring to Picture No.3 =P