Thursday, August 26, 2010

Oh Canada! Day 7

The end of my first week in Canada and I woke up to yet another amazing day!

We were up early and headed down to Deep Cove for some Kayaking action. Now its been years since I last did some kayaking so I was quite excited at the idea. We got down there by 10am and off in our kayaks not long after. The sun was shining bright which made it quite warm, but all the same it was lovely weather to be cruising along. Around Deep Cove there are a number of amazing looking houses which have been built on the shore and into the side of the hills. They looks just spectacular and no doubt cost a packet! As we were moving along the water, we also got to see a large number of Jelly Fish swimming by and towards the end we saw a group of Sea Lions lazing around...totally spectacular!

We spent about 2 hours out on the lake before it was time to head for lunch down the road. The location for today was a small cafe which is well known for its donuts. Now I am quite the donut connoisseur, so i took the opportunity to order the honey glazed and the maple icing varieties. They were both quite unique, more doughy inside than your regular varieties, but they were absolutely delicious! Oh yeah...I did actually order something savoury for lunch...but that was finished off extremely quickly so I could get started on the donuts! =)



From here we headed to Lonsdale Quay for some more sight seeing and of course I took the opportunity to top up on coffee!



We had originally planned to go and see the Capilano Suspension Bridge, but the price of admission was $30/pp to basically walk along a suspension bridge...so instead we went to Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge which is free to walk on...dont ask me why there are 2 suspension bridges within close proximity and one costs $30 and the other is free...there just is =P

But all the same...Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge was a really beautiful location and we also went on a small hike down to the hill and back which provided some nice photo opporunities.


After all the strenuous activities of the day, it was time to head back and shower up for dinner. Tonights destination...Taiwanese food. While Melbourne only has a scattering of Taiwanese restaurants and none of any significant note...I was interested to see what Vancouver could dish up in the way of food from Taiwan. While it wasnt bad, it wasnt far different from what I have come to expect back in Melbourne, although the company that I had for dinner was wonderful...oh and the Taro milk tea was pretty fine also!

Finished the day with a stop at Dairy Queen where I grabbed a Cookie Dough Blizzard (similar to a McFlurry). Another beautiful day packed full of fun and adventure!

Oh yeah...and today I wore one of the shirts I bought online just before I left...what do people think from the pictures??

2 comments:

deepwhite said...

>.< new T-shirt~
but i like the old one with collar

Jus@Melb said...

which one with collar? what colour?