Thursday, August 26, 2010

Oh Canada! Day 6

Day 6...and I woke up to yet another beautiful day. We made for the gym first thing which was good since I have been eating like a horse over the past week! After hitting the gym for a solid session we headed down the road for some Thai food for lunch. This was promptly followed up with a quick drop by Tim Hortons where I grabbed a coffee and two donuts =)

From here we headed to Kitsilano Beach, a popular location for students of UBC. Since it was such a lovely day, the beach was quite busy but not over loaded. We took a walk along the shore and took the chance to snap some more shots.



After this we headed to UBC (University of British Columbia) which is one of the main universities in Vancouver. Very much in the same style of Melbourne University, it has been the location for countless films and tv shows being shot, and today was no different with shooting on a project of some description going on as we walked through the campus. With some beautiful gardens and impressive buildings, it would be a fantastic place to study in my opinion.


Later we headed to downtown Vancouver where we grabbed some dinner. We started with Japadogs...which are basically hot dogs from Japan. While they were okay...they were just hot dogs with different and some seawood on top...and with the abundance of hot dogs we have back home, I wasnt overly impressed...but they were good all the same.


We then headed to Beard Papa, which is a Japanese chain which sells cream puffs...but REALLY delicious cream puffs...and ones that are totally stuffed with cream...as I discovered when eating the first one with a great deal of cream pouring out on to the ground =( But I learned from this and when I got into my second one, I was better prepared and hence lost no cream in the process. The two flavors I went with: Original and Mango...unfortunately they were all out of Green Tea...which means I will have to make another trip there before I leave to try that flavor out too. From there we headed to the downtown beach before heading on home. Another beautiful day in Vancouver filled with heaps of fun and great food =)

No comments: