Sunday, August 29, 2010

Oh Canada! Day 10

Day number 10...we were up reasonably early and we headed down the road to a restaurant that goes by the name of Eggspectations. Coming with some pretty good reviews...we decided we should give it a try...with obviously Eggs being their speciality. I got my breakfast with eggs of the scrambled variety with some bacon and some vegetables...and of course pancakes!! Overall not bad...but I think I will try other places...doesnt really warrant a second visit.


Afterwards we were off to the main attraction...Niagara Falls! But man did we have to contend with a bit of traffic on the way there. The distance is approx 120km to get down there...but it took a good 2 hours with all the traffic...but as anyone who has been there would know...its well worth the trip!

The day was heating up as we made the stroll down to the falls...and I have to say...they are simply amazing!! There is not much to really say apart from you could spend ages standing there admiring the falls. I will let the photos do the talking...



Afterwards it was off to do some shopping in Niagara. There are a number of outlet shops there so we headed in there and got busy =)

I got a few things...although nothing for myself. Will have to do some shopping for myself before heading back to Melbourne!

We didnt finish shopping till quite late, so it was time to grab some dinner...tonights choice Swiss Chalet...a chain restaurant in Canada know for their Rotisseri Chicken. It was okay...although again I wont be rushing back there.

After dinner it was time to make the trek back to Toronto. The trip was much easier since their was little traffic with it being Saturday night. After getting back to the hotel...I did what I do best...hit the gym! Spent a good couple hours in the hotel gym which is surprisingly well stocked with gear, before heading upstairs for a shower and bed!

Said it before and I will say it again...Another awesome day in Canada!

No comments: