Thursday, August 12, 2010

The good stuff!

Well if you werent aware yet...Im a fan of hitting the gym...smashing my body good and then stumbling home. So to go with fun of working out in the gym...I like to indulge in various supplements, whether it be pre-workout or post-workout. Actually to be totally honest...when I stroll on down to the health supplement shop...I feel like a kid in a toy shop as I browse the different products that are available....good times!

So today I wanted to outline a couple of the better products that I have trialed over the journey...

Black Powder

Type: Pre-workout
Flavour of choice: Blue Raspberry

This is powerful stuff! Basically they get a bunch of stuff like ACTINOS2 IR, Disodium phosphate, Creatine anhydrous and a healthy dose of Creatine ethyl ester HCL. Oh yeah and it has a solid amount of nitric oxide or NOS as they refer to it...although I thought that was something that was used to fuel cars.

But no matter what the ingredients are...this stuff gets you moving! See one of the amazing things about this product apart from the taste is its recovery power. I can do a seriously heavy set...get my 45-60 seconds rest and be ready to smash the next set out as if I was totally fresh.

Downside to this product is that it has a come-down period..usually for me its around 45-60 minutes after my workout...suddenly the buzz wheres off and I feel dead...but its worth it due to the awesome workouts that you get done!

I wouldn't recommend using this everyday...but only on the heavy workout days.

As for the advertising...you cant beat this:
"No more walking off the gym floor like you just got hit by a bus. You're pumped, and your body is in balance. The arginine blend and the rapid absorption ester creatine take the lead in the repair process, and do it RAPIDLY. Physically fatigued? Sure. But not depleted. And you still have the ability to focus. You have what you need to keep going, and do it all over again. Thanks to Black Powder and ACTINOS2 IR"
Surge Recovery



Type: Post-workout
Flavour of choice: Original

A tad more expensive than other proteins, this is ultimately worth every cent! Some protein powders recommend that you utilise them morning, post workout and also in evening. But I can say that my greatest gains have come from utilising this product only after workouts. The dose is larger than other products, which again leads to the increased cost...but its definitely worth the cost. In this product they truly have got the combination of glucose, maltodextrin, whey-protein hydrolysate, and BCCAs right and it leads to good times in the recovery department!

One note on the flavour...I was initially directed away from choosing the Original flavor. But since I just cannot do the chocolate variety...I bought Original anyway. The flavor isnt Vanilla as you would probably expect...its actually a lot like Doctor Pepper! While at first its a little odd...it has grown on me and not I cant see myself switching despite my trainers disgust with my selection!

No comments: