Friday, September 17, 2010

Oh Canada! Day 25

Well I couldnt stop my wrap of Canada a day early...so despite the lack of events that actually went on today, I still feel compelled to write in the event that something of actual quality escapes my mind...although its unlikely.

Since I was up very late (or early) to hit skype, I really struggled to get out of bed...but with the temptation of pancakes on the horizon...I pulled myself out of bed and it was off to church.

After church, there was just enough time to have one last visit to IHOP....so thats exactly what I did! After yesterdays disappointment in the way of the Five Stack, I opted for the banana and Strawberry combination, which is lowly four stack....but with an amazing stack of cream on top! Despite the presentation again lacked a lot... the taste was still awesome and I polished off the plate in record time!

Then it was off to the airport for the LONG trip home. After a wonderful 3 and half weeks, I was headed for home...back to my wonderful friends and family...and I guess in someways, that was something that made it actually feel good to head home after my time away. Typically people dread going back home after a fantastic holiday, and while this trip was fantastic...I still did miss certain people back home...and the thought of seeing them again soon brought a happyness to me.

So after checking in my two very heavy bags, I headed to the gate, stopping to grab one last Iced Cap from Tim Hortons.

But thats not where the story ends...

So there I was, sitting on the flight down to LA...looking forward to 3 hours of relaxing and thinking about what was waiting for me in Melb. Now basically as soon as the flight took off in Vancouver, the lady in front of me slammed her seat back. Not that it worried me, but when the drink service began, the hostesses didnt ask her to return her seat to the upright position, but still this didn't worry me either. But what did bother me was when I was given my cup of Juice, as I sat there relaxing, the lovely lady in front of me decided she would slam the seat forward...causing my full cup of juice to go flying into my lap where the contents gave me that lovely cooling sensation you can only imagine! Now if I was only looking at a 3 hour flight after which i could take a nice shower and change my clothes, it would almost be bearable...but unfortunately for me...that wasnt the case. After this 3 hour flight, I was looking at a 4 hour stay in LA before a 15 hour flight back to Melbourne...all without a chance to change or shower!

So it was off with haste to the plane bathroom where I spent the next 15 minutes attempting to clean up the mess of juice that had drenched my crutch region.

Oh well at least it left me with a lovely orange-y scent for the remainder of the trip home.

So I made it to LA...which gave me the opportunity to dry out. Luckily for me, no stains remained on my shirt.

By this stage I was getting very hungry, so it was off to the only option available in the terminal I was waiting in .... Burger King =(

Then the four hour wait till my flight to Melbourne, which I spent watching Futurama and again thinking of what was waiting for me in Melbourne.

It rolled around to 8:30pm and we were on our way to Melbourne! The flight was relatively smooth for the most parts, I slept as much as possible, knowing that as soon as I landed in Melbourrne, it was be off home for a quick shower and the straight to work. But that didnt stop me still watching two films on the flight =)

After 15 hours, we touched down in Melbourne to what was a very chilly morning...but a very warm welcome. It was good to be home!

No comments: