Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh Canada! Day 18

Very little sleep was achieved...due to the fact that I stayed up to watch the Blues live online. So after that finished...i managed to squeeze in about 3 hours sleep before having to get up and head to Union station for the train to Montreal. Unfortunately due to my lack of sleep, I was running late by the time I reached the station...but luckily I didnt miss the train.

The train ride was a relatively peaceful 5 hours...although I was unable to get any sleep unfortunately.

Once arriving in Montreal...it was off to find the hotel...which is a lot harder than it sounds. See the thing is Montreal is a French speaking city...so a high majority of the street signs are written in French alone. After about a 20-30 minute walk I was in front of the hotel that I would call home for the next 3 nights...Le Cantlie Suites. It turned out to be a lovely hotel, very much in the French style that you see right across Montreal. One thing that really did stand out as quite unique was the fact that the rooms still make use of keys...and I mean real keys...not key cards.


After checking in and unpacking...it was off to find some dinner...tonights location turned out to be Reuben's Deli Steaks Desserts. Montreal is known for its smoked meats and this is one of the restaurants that really knows how to serve it up.


After dinner it was straight back to the hotel....since I had next to no sleep the previous night I was in bed and asleep before 10pm!

No comments: