Monday, September 27, 2010

Always seen...

Well I have been back at work for a couple of weeks since my travels in Canada, and I have to say it hasn't been great. The work has been frustrating for a number of reasons and I feel that things dont look to be on the improve anytime soon...but I know that in our heavenly Father...there is still a great hope and assurance...


One of the things that has always gotten to me at this job is the fact that the hard working people usually go unappreciated, while those that like to talk a lot are ultimately the ones who get most of the praise. Despite what people may think about me, Im not one to talk a lot at work...unless its to complain about the way my manager is going about a certain project.

An example of this is with one of my good friends at work, he has been with us for a couple years now and I remember when we first hired him, he was so enthusiastic. As it was his first job in Australia, he would do anything that was put before him, no questions asked. I remember when I interviewed him, I knew that he was a very intelligent person, and while his English skills were lacking, his passion for the job made up for any limitations he had with communications.

Over the time I have been working, I have seen him produce some amazing things. But all the while he has gone underpaid and under-appreciated. As time has gone on, his passion, motivation and enjoyment in the job has diminished a great deal, due mostly to the treatment of the management team. This is something that upsets me.

But while it is very easy to become disillusioned in these situations, there is one reason we have the strength to keep going...the fact that God see's all. While we may feel underappreciated by those that we are serving, we can rest assured that nothing goes unnoticed by the Lord. We should rejoice in the promises we have of the rewards that await us in heaven, for as Jesus said in Matthew 6:2-4
So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
So its my prayer that anytime you feel you are serving in vain, your works going unnoticed by those you are working to help, fear not. For the Lord works good for all those that love Him. Our heavenly father does not forget our hard works and when we arrive in heaven the reward for our life of hard work will be awaiting us.

God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. (Hebrews 6:10)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like this post!Totally agreed! we should always keep the passion at work even not appreciated by other people. That is the way God likes us to be.

Anonymous said...

That's so sad and so true. really don't know what the future will hold. don't know if we just keep trying our best will things get better? or I should put more time in my garden. By the way I'm planning to buy some chicks haha