Sunday, September 12, 2010

Oh Canada! Day 21

Back to Vancouver today via Toronto. It meant an early start and lots of travelling. The train from Montreal to Toronto was scheduled for 6:30am, but after I almost missed the train from Toronto to Montreal, I decided to leave extra time in order to have no problems...only to discover when I arrived at the station that my seat on the return trip was reserved...so there was no real reason to get there so early.

One of the good things about the long distance trains is that they provide free wi-fi ...but this morning I discovered that despite the fact its a nice service...it runs as slow as a snail and is barely useable...I mean it was worse than dial up!

So after a reasonable relaxing 5 hour ride I was back Toronto. With a few hours to kill before the flight back to Vancouver, I decided to hit Cora's for one final feast...this would be visit number five =) Today I chose something a bit different, I went for the "french toast, crepe and fruit combination" and it was fantastic! A lovely final meal in Toronto. From here I grabbed a coffee at Tim Hortons and it was off to the airport for the long flight back to Vancouver.

Now on the way over to Toronto I slept almost the entire flight, so I actually didnt notice how long the flight took...and so it wasnt untill I boarded the flight and I heard the captain say it was a 5 hour flight that I realised I was in for a long haul...especially since I wasnt tired so sleep wasnt an option this time. Luckily I had a fully charged laptop and I had just finished downloading "Hot Tub Time Machine" so it was time to have a laugh! And that was exactly what this film delivered...although a quick warning..this is 100% a guy film!

So eventually we landed in Vancouver...at around 8:30pm...although for me it was 11:30pm (Toronto/Montreal) time...so there was little else I wanted to do besides get to bed and sleep =)

2 comments:

wug said...

You seem to have hit Cora's so many times that you stopped being able to count. You said it was your 5th the day before this post!

Jus@Melb said...

haha...you are right...that was the sixth time...just shows how awesome that place is!