Monday, September 6, 2010

Oh Canada! Day 16

Nearing the end of my time in Toronto...its been a really great time here. The weather has been really warm which has made for some really great outings, but the forecast for today and the coming weekend is supposed to be cooler and wetter.



Up early and off to Golden Griddle for breakfast which is a well known breakfast restaurant in Canada. I was looking forward to trying it as I had seen the menu had a good selection of pancakes on it...unfortunately I was quite disappointed by the taste once I got there. Im not sure how they could manage to stuff up regular pancakes...but they were able to do it...and even though I still finished the stack of pancakes on my plate, I left quite disappointed! Tomorrow I will definitely be going back to Cora's again where I know they deliver consistently!

After breakfast, I planned to visit Casa Loma today, which is a historic castle not too far from downtown. So I jumped on the subway and headed in that direction...but that's when trouble hit! As I approached the subway station exit, I could see that it was bucketing down with rain! As Casa Loma consisted of outdoors elements...I had to quickly reassess my plans for the afternoon. Since I had seen everything I wanted to see in Toronto already...my last option was to go and see a movie.



After browsing the selection of films on show, I decided to go with Will Ferrell in The Other Guys. With some good reviews and my love of Ferrell, it was the best option. And this was something I wasn't disappointed with...although I probably laughed a bit too loudly...especially with the small number of people that were in the cinema with me. Oh well...im sure they didn't mind too much.

After the movie I did a bit more shopping along Queen St, an area I have walked down on many occasions, but never stopped to check out the shops. Picked a few more things...but I have come to the realisation that I am well and truly a shopaholic! This is highlighted by the fact that I will never be able to get all my stuff into the suitcase when Im heading back home.

Dinner close to the hotel followed, then it was an early night to bed. The day ended up being quite nice and relaxing after all