Wednesday, December 8, 2010

These days...

I was listening to the Powderfinger song "These Days" before and it got me thinking about my life...the current state of things.

One of the lines is "These days turned out nothing like I had planned"...and I thought has my life turned out how I planned? I mean when i was younger, I never envisioned that I would be working in IT, but then again I never imagined I would be a Christian either.

We get so wrapped up in trying to control everything, get everything that we think we need...but do we really know what we need?

Recently I have been a bit frustrated by things...but when I look at it...are things really that bad? Actually I think they are realistically really good! Thats not to say that there are no areas that need work, but overall I think that the place that Im currently in is a good one. I complain about things...but at the end of the day...I have all I really need!

Things may not turn out how I like...but I know that the big guy is taking care of business...so like the saying says "short term pain...long term gain"!

I guess I just want to take the opportunity to give God the praise...that despite how our emotions have us feeling, no matter what the world throws at me...He always takes care of me and ensure I have everything I need.


Oh yeah and...He gave me donuts... =)

No comments: