Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010...reflections

12 months ago I wrote a post that reflected on the year that I had experienced. Last year was eventful, but 2010 took it up to the next level! So I thought this was perfect time to reflect on the past 12 months, what I had been through, what I had enjoyed and what I had not enjoyed.



Recovering from Shoulder surgery

This year started with me being able to do very little with my right arm as it was still in the early stages of recovery from the shoulder reconstruction. It wasnt until early March that I was actually able to seriously get back into the gym...and even then it was very slow going early on. I had dropped in weight down to 80kg, compared to the solid 88kg I was prior to the operation.


While initially the operation was a cause of concern for me, looking back I can see how God can use difficult situation to help us grow. Through the recovery period...I drew close to God...I was deep in his word and subsequently I felt my faith grew from the experience. It was also a time where it was highlighted to me how wonderful people around me are. The way in which people went out of their way to show their care for me was truly amazing...and Im truly thankful to each person who was there for me during that period.

Mission Trip to China

A life changing experience that I will never forget! The people I met, the experiences I encountered, the impressions it left on me returning to Australia. Honestly...words cant express what it was truly like.

I have already spoken previously about the trip, so I wont go into too much detail, except to say that I am truly thankful to God that I was given this opportunity. I never take this for granted and if the chance to go again was to come along, I would grasp it with two hands.

The children in Sanmenxia have shown me a different perspective and I pray that God will use this experience in my life in other areas and situations.

Holiday to Canada

In August I traveled to Canada for 3 and half weeks. This included visiting Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal as well as a couple of cities in the US briefly. Again this is something I have discussed in great detail on my blog so I wont go into great details. But I will say this was an amazing trip. I have many beautiful memories that will stay with me for years to come. I again thank God for this trip, the opportunities that were presented before me and the people who shared the trip with me.

Half Marathon

I have always contemplated doing a half marathon, 2010 was the year I actually did it! It was challenging, but it was also very fulfilling. To be able to complete something as grueling as this was a good achievement and now I have my sights set on a full marathon. I will need to train properly, but I believe with God's guidance I can do it.

New Connect Group

Looking back, moving to a new connect group has probably had the biggest impact on me this year for a couple of specific reasons. The group is full of amazing people, each unique and special in their own way. I'm grateful that God has brought me to this group and I pray that the friends and bonds I have established will only grow stronger over time. I want to thank God for the people that have made a difference in my life. You know who you are...but I just want to take this chance to say that no matter what happens...you will always have a special place in my heart.

Other special events... 
  • Dining out at Vue de monde -  an amazing restaurant, an amazing experience, a wonderful night
  • Trip to Daylesford - my first trip to this small country Victoria town. Many memories I will never forget
  • Attending the Carlton Best and Fairest - my first time to attend this event and full of fun and excitement. Great to see Juddy come through with the goods after a great year! Will definitely attend again
Basically I just want to give God praise for all that has happened over the past 12 months. I thank Him for both the ups and downs, because its ultimately all part of his plan

As we move in to 2011, I think this is a good time to stop and reflect and give thanks for the past year, remembering all the blessings that God has poured out on your life.

No comments: