Saturday, December 25, 2010

In the end

No scriptures today...no warm and fuzzy message...no happiness to celebrate.

Life is not going to turn out the way you want...life is not fair...and its highly likely that you will make a mess of things...no matter how hard you try....at least if you are me.

There have been a lot of moments in my life where I have questioned God. I know we need to wait patiently on the Lord....but I dont believe that we are to be mindless drones...accepting everything that goes on around us. I believe that it is okay to question circumstances....to ask why.

But there are times that I question God more so....when I just dont understand why things happen the way they do. When I have prayed constantly...only to reach the end and see God turn His back on me.

God's plan, God's purpose, God's promises....I am not going to dispute them at all. I have seen God pour out His blessings on people. I have seen God's favour on peoples lives. I have seen God's plan being carried out through peoples lives.

But what I dont understand is...why is my part so challenging? What am I doing so wrong...that things end up in a mess so often?

Tonight...i pray that you will give me understanding. I dont pray for gifts in abundance, I dont pray for happy day ahead...I just pray that you will allow me to understand where I am going so wrong....in all areas of my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone has up and down thoughout daily life. Especially towards the end of year, people will question themselves why they cannot be better. I does, you does, so does everyone. That is life, never perfect, but God will never let you down. You are doing well in the last year, you should be happy about what you have done in 2010. Just be happy, keep your big smile, and take it easy some time. That is it. And go for a run in the morning, the air is so fresh that will make you feel wonderful.

Anonymous said...

praying for you everyday...

Unknown said...

I hope everything is ok for you Justin.

deepwhite said...

^_^ give us a smile~