Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tracks to keep me going

I love music and I almost always have my headphones in listening to tracks, whether it be on my iPod, iPhone, Mac or pumping from the stereo in the car! So what then would be the five songs I would have with me on a desert island and why?

My first reaction to this question was...the answer would change as time goes by. So my answer is based on my current situation. But how to pick those songs out? Well my first idea was to check out what are the top 5 tracks played on itunes currently...and they are the following:

1. Dead End Friends - Them Crooked Vultures
2. Showbiz - Muse
3. In Your World - Muse
4. Mind Eraser, No Chaser - Them Crooked Vultures
5. This Is Our God - Hillsong

Interesting actually...although this is more a result of me just turning on itunes when im at work and letting the tracks play.

So back to the list...well here we go in no particular order:

Hosanna - Hillsong United
This is a beautiful song...yeah I know...not what you expect from me with my first selection. But its truly wonderful. With such powerful lyrics such as "Show me how to love like you have loved me...Break my heart from what breaks yours" its one song I really enjoy worshiping God to and thats something I definitely need.

Misfit Love - Queens of the Stone Age
Since my recent love for QOTSA started, this is one song that has stood out and I particularly enjoy listening to it while at the gym due to the fast beat. Also the way the song mixes it up towards the end is a delight to listen to!

New Born - Muse
Muse have so man awesome songs to pick from...but this is just one that I cant go past. From the slow build up in the start with the piano hammering away to the pace of the chorus...this song has seen me through countless workouts and is one I just do not tire of!

Gave Up - Nine Inch Nails
This was a tossup between "Gave Up" and "Wish", but since this song is longer...I have opted for this since I need as much music as possible! The quick drum loop that the song starts with is a good build up to the chorus where it is guitar centric with high pitched vocals! This is the song I usually use to get myself over the line after a big session or a massive run!


The Stand - Hillsong United
If stranded, I would definitely need two worship songs and this is another beautiful song to praise the Lord to. It starts slowly with soft vocals and builds up strongly to the chorus. The chorus is wonderful, as it proclaims "So I'll stand...With arms high and heart abandoned...In awe of the One who gave it all".

So there you have it, the five songs I would take if I was on a desert island...a mix of worship song with fast paced rock!

No comments: