Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Something that inspires you

There are times where people will remark that Im quite self-motivated, quite structured in the way I lead my life...which is quite evident by the fact that my routine today is almost identical to what it was 12 months ago and 12 months before that...in that it consists of Work, Church, Gym and Football!

But behind that motivation, what is it that inspires me to do what I do? What gives me that feeling to push further, beyond the boundaries that I feel are currently in place around my life?

Is it watching TBird run around the park in the Carlton guernsey (no not the Bullants one), taking big grabs and then slamming home a nice goal...nah not really.

Is it observing some of the more solid fellas in the gym, pressing 100kg+, curling a bar which is fully loaded and strutting around the gym like they are God's gift to the world....probably not either

Or is it tuning in to a great speaker belt out a spectacular speech, listening to the words the use to get the crowd passionate about a specific cause...I would have to say no to this one too.

I think one thing that really inspires me is...watching normal people achieve spectacular outcomes. I love to hear my friends share stories with me where they have been successful despite difficult circumstances, where they have come through with the goods despite all the signs saying that they would fail.

It might seem simple...but I feel a sense of joy hearing their story. I enjoy being around people who are passionate about a cause or situation and will put all their efforts and energies into that to achieve a desired outcome. And a lot of the time, their passion, their dedication, their desire to succeed no matter what...these expressions are infectious and will have me pushing the boundaries in no time!

But of course if all else fails to inspire...looking at TBird's smiling face on the badge pinned to my scarf can also do that job =P

No comments: