Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mission Trip to Sanmenxia

Life continues to go on...no matter what you do...its like a runaway train...no matter what you say or do...it just keeps going. This is what I found since coming back from China. Life goes on the same... I had some amazing life experiences on what was my second mission trip. There are memories that will be forever embedded in my memory, there are people who touched my heart in ways that I will never be the same from. I had the wonderful opportunity to share this period of life with new friends and not so new friends. But above all else...I was able to learn more about myself, what I have been gifted with by God, what I have been called to do by my heavenly father.

3 Weeks can seem like a long time. Its equal to 15 working days...and anyone with a fulltime job knows how slowly 15 working days can take to pass by. But the 3 weeks we had in Sanmenxia went by like a blink of an eye. What I would give for one more day, one more session, even one more hour. Those kids are beautiful. They are unique. They all have their own special character. When we look around at our own circle of friends, there are reasons why we have befriended those individuals. They might have a simliar interest, they may be easy to talk to, they may play the same sport as you, they may work with you...whatever reason it is...they are counted as one of your friends. I can sincerely say that each of those boys in the center are my friends. I care about each one of them, I love each one of them.


While I was away, each day I wrote a blog entry about the days events. So I have decided to publish them  one day at a time. There will be sections which are boring and monotonous. You may tune out after only half of the first one, but more than anything I just want to document the whole trip. I will post photos to go with each day to give the entries some context.

But I also want to share some of my thoughts now, reflecting back on the trip, the moments that I shared with different individuals.

So I hope that in some way, you will get something from my tales from Sanmenxia.

Before I wrap up, I want to take this chance to thank my 3 companions from Melbourne who embarked on the journey with me. Doing the mission trip with you was a pleasure and I thank you that I could share it with you.

No comments: