Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mission 2012 - So whats the plan?

So Im leaving on the 30th of December and Im back on the 6th of February...but what am I actually going to do for all that time? Im glad you asked!

With a little over a week till I will be at Melbourne Airport boarding my plane for 中国...Im in the process of ensuring that my plans are organised enough to ensure Im not stranded in the middle of nowhere...but at the same time making sure that Im not too organised that it doesn't allow for the spontaneous to take place!

As Im flying with China Southern...my flight will transit in Guangzhou for barely enough time to catch my breath before I flown up to Beijing where I will be meeting up with the team. But before meeting the team on the 3rd of January, the other three girls from Bridge and myself will be taking a short trip over to Tianjin to sample the food on offer and rest up before we make the trek to Sanmenxia.

On the 3rd of January the plan is to meet with the other member of the team back in Beijing before retiring for an early night...the reason for the night being...we have a 5am flight the following morning to get us over to Shanxi province which is just across from Sanmenxia. On arrival in Yuncheng we will then bus it over to Sanmenxia which is apparently a 2 hour ride through the mountains...although if my previous China bus experiences are anything to go by...2 hours can quickly turn into 10 hours or more!

We arrive in Sanmenxia...and this is where we will be for the next two and a half weeks. I assure you that there will be plenty of blog updates during this time!

At the completion of our time in Sanmenxia, we bus it back to Yuncheng then its back to Beijing for one night before as a team we go our separate ways! This will of course be an emotional time...after spending the time together in Sanmenxia...you develop relationships with each person...bonds that wont be forgotten.

From here we fly up to Harbin! Now for those who have never heard of Harbin...this is a city in the far north east of China...which means during Winter the temperature is around -25 degrees....so t-shirts probably wont be a good option! Three days and two nights in Harbin and then down to Nanjing I go where I will be spending Chinese New Year!! Im actually really excited to spend Chinese New Year in China...the celebrations and of course the food will be amazing to witness, experience and devour! =)

I truly believe that this trip to China is going to be a big step for me. While I had the opportunity to go to China before...this trip will make for an awesome start to 2012!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Justin. Just reading your travel plans for your trip to China. I hope all your plans fall into place and it runs smoothly for you. I guess you will have support in China should you get stuck somewhere but it must be a daunting task to try and organise all this before you leave. It sounds like a fantastic experience and to be there for Chinese New Year! That will be spectacular.

Anonymous said...

Like your blog, especially reading older post, only because they are showing an inspiring Jus. Keep up with your good work, I am sure there are a lot of your followers expecting that:)