Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Encouragement to keep going

Today I decided was the right time to start reading my encouragement slips that i received at the end of my short term mission trip. Basically what happens is, during the trip we are to complete an a short encouragement note to each of our team mates in Sanmenxia with us and on the last day we are given the notes written to us by the others.



While most people read them straight away or at least on the way home, I felt I wanted to save them till I got back to Melbourne. Today I was feeling particularly unsure of what to do...so I pulled them out and started reading them.

I really have to praise God for being given the opportunity to serve with such amazing people in China. Reading the slips reiterated how awesome each person was.

But one other thing stood out in my mind as I went through the slips and that is how incredible things can happen when you just allow God to guide you, when you allow God to use you. As I read each note, it gave me each team members perspective of what I was able to contribute to the team. Im by no means skilled in the areas I was serving in during my stay in Sanmenxia, but I'm so grateful that God was able to take someone as basic and simple as me to pour out His love on those children! Its been said time and time again, but amazing things happen when we are following God!

So I close with one verse that rings true with my feelings regarding the trip

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. 
(Philippians 4:13)

No comments: