Thursday, April 29, 2010

Back to normal...

Well its my third day back at work and things are slowly getting back to normal. Yesterday was my first PT session since I got back, deadlifts, chinups, bicep curls...fun fun fun! Last night was connect group...great to see all my friends again. Today I have my first Physio session since getting back...which actually means 30 minutes of talking footy with a few shoulder exercises thrown in at the end.  Dinner tomorrow night at my grandparents...kind of a friday night tradition...although I dont go nearly as much as I should. Sunday church and Footy...two things I missed most while I was in China.


Its interesting how things as simple as being able to attend church was something I missed most while in China. I really take it for granted how lucky I am to be able to go to church each week, especially when I think about those doing long term mission overseas, where the best they can do is download sermons over the net and watch/listen on the computer. There was two DVD's I had bought before my trip to China, showing the services where Sy Rogers was preaching, so i felt it best to give these to some of the people who are serving long term in Changsha. I pray that the message will bless them...Im sure it will...Sy Rogers was awesome!

But as things are slowly getting back in to routine, is that really what I want? I cant deny that during the trip I was not presented with possibilities, paths that would take me away from what I'm doing right now, take me away from where I am now. Which path to choose? Or am I just caught up in the emotions of the trip? More than ever...now is the time to press in to God so that I can hear his words of guidance.

Oh well...for now I can look forward to this weekend...especially Sunday afternoon...Carlton vs Collingwood! Only my second live game for the season and with an anticipated sell out crowd of +90,000 people, praise God I have my reserved seat ready to go!! Cant wait to see Juddy back at his best!

No comments: