Friday, March 4, 2011

Am I performing at my best?

Last night after I finished work and gym and dinner...I decided that it was a perfect night to go for a run. As the Run for the Kids get closer...I need to be pushing myself harder and harder in order to post a good effort on the day. So just after 10pm I hit the pavement for what was supposed to be a solid run. Not being as cold as the other night, I felt i should extend my run a bit more, taking my path a bit futher out and around the neighbourhood. But fairly early I realised that I wasnt as energetic as I was the other night I ran. My pace was not as good and I didnt have the same buzz as my previous effort. After getting home I looked at my stats and my time was definitely off the mark, which although was frustrating...made me wonder what was the cause.

Of course it didnt take long to reaslise that the massive work combined with the total lack of sleep I have been getting topped with hitting the gym on a daily basis would no doubt contribute to my lack of performance. But it got me thinking...how much better could I really perform if I was at 100%? How much better would I perform at the gym if I had a good nights sleep? How much better would I perform at work if I wasnt up till midnight reading documents and the likes?

I guess in the next week  I really need to get some solid rest...eat healthy...and see if makes a difference...because if I throw out another performance like I did last night when I get to the start line next month...its going to be a very disappointing day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good point! Balanced life is the main key. But I think not everything has to be perfect, but we have to try our best in every area in our life, so at the end of year, we would say we finish the year strongly, no regret...

Lilly said...

"There's always room for improvement –
it's the biggest room in the house."
— Louise Heath Leber

Go Jus!!! :)

Anonymous said...

The mind decides the action, that is something I always believe, but just being proved by myself recently. Positive thinking and faith will make a difference, either at work, training, friendship or relationship.