Sunday, January 31, 2010

January is already over

Well we are already one month into 2010...time is flying by. I really have the feeling that this year is going to be an awesome year, as long as I continue to work towards God's purpose and live according to His will. I know I still have many "rough edges", but I know that by continually drawing closer to Christ Jesus, this areas of my life will gradually be smoothed out and I will become a greater man in our Lord.

But its important that we never lose sight of the goal, even when we screw up...which we are all bound to do. None of us are perfect, but we have a hope in the fact that Jesus loves us and forgives us. So even when you feel you have made a total mess of your life, do not lose faith...for God still loves you, He still wants an intimate relationship with you. Just take some time to pray to God...tell Him you are sorry, repent of your mistakes.

This month has been pretty strenuous for me in relation to work...having to manage multiple projects, dealing with challenging situations, meeting very tight deadlines. I feel its a real test for me on a spiritual level. In the past when I was confronted with these kind of circumstances...the first thing to go in my life would be the time I spend with God. I work long hours, come home totally exhausted and just want to rest and sleep. But I began to realise that things were more difficult without God. I would get incredibly tense and stressed over the expectations and whether we could meet all the deliverables. It would really take its toll on me.

But this time I have ensure that God is always first...no matter how busy I am. It is from the Lord that I draw strength. I pray over my situations throughout the day and allow God to work in my circumstances. I still get stressed out some days...but when I go home at night...I try to put everything in perspective and remember that I have a Lord who loves me and always watches over me.

As we move into February, I pray that God works in your circumstances and if you are not saved I just encourage you to continually gain more understanding and that you will make the decision to accept Jesus into your life. It would be the greatest decision you will ever make.

No comments: