Tuesday, December 8, 2009

First Report from Canberra

Well this is my second day in Canberra....for those that dont know...the capital of Australia. So far things have been quite eventful from a work perspective and quite uneventful from a social perspective. Canberra is so dead at night! On my first night here...I headed down to the local restaurant district for some dinner and places were closed!! The following was my first view of Canberra outside the airport...


Anyway, Im staying at the Rydges Capital Hill...not a bad place. Reason work selected this place was due to its closeness to DBCDE (the department we are working for). They are basically across the road which is good for me. Plus the Dialog office is only about 5 minutes away which is nice too.

These are photos in my room...my comfy King size bed

My spa...I intend to use at some point...





My bathroom after I unpacked...


Tonight I went for a walk down to Manaka for dinner...

Then I did the unthinkable....dinner alone!!

I had some tasty chicken...but that still didnt make up for the embarrassment of eating alone...


Anyway...tomorrow I aim to take some more photos of the sites around Canberra and also comment on some of the more interesting things that have happened so far....

2 comments:

YUN said...

your king size bed looks nice~~but it's so wasteful for one person sleeping :-)

Unknown said...

I thought you went there for work, but looked like you are enjoying a holiday alone.