Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009...reflections

Well 2009 is finishing in very much the same fashion it has played out for the whole year...very busy. Although I went to church this morning, Im determined to do nothing more than watch TV and play PS3 this afternoon...and blog of course.

Anyway...looking back over the bad points of this year...I guess the worst point was being told I would need surgery on my right shoulder. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love hitting the gym and working out. Being told I would need a shoulder reconstruction meant I would be able to do no more than lay on the couch and watch TV for at least month, followed by little movement in my right arm.

Of course there were other negatives, that related to work. But they all taught my more patience and how to deal with "troublesome" clients.

When I think about it there hasnt been too many struggles, which I can praise God for. I guess whenever I felt that I was about to fall into trouble, I just took time away from things to pray to
God and ask for his help in my situation. I guess the knowledge that no matter what difficulty I face, I always have God by my side makes it much easier to face the hard times with courage and strength. Ultimately when I came through the bad times, I was full of praise for God i that I can always depend on him to see me through the hard moments, as long as I have faith in his eternal promises.

Other bad moments of 2009...Fevola hitting the post against Hawthorn, Carlton's last quarter against Brisbane in the first final and trade week 2009...

Anyway, the good moments for 2010...this may sound funny...but one of the bad moments of the year ultimately turned into a great moment...having surgery resulted in my relationship with God being renewed and becoming stronger than ever. I was able to spend a lot of time in prayer and in God word without the distractions of everyday life. In the end I felt so refreshed after my break and my relationship with God was stronger than ever.

Other good things...Carlton making the finals for the first time in many many years...getting a free PS3 =) and joining a new Connect group which has allowed me to make some great new friends.

Other things from 2009....

Best Movie: Inglourious Basterds
Special Mention: District 9

Worst Movie: 2012
Special Mention: Knowing

Best Album: The Resistance - Muse
Special Mention: Surface Paradise - Root!

Best new restaurant i tried: Little Beijing House
Special Mention: Gingerboy

Worst new restaurant i tried: Butchers Grill

Hmm...well thats enough for now...im looking forward to a big 2010...and getting back to the gym and doing what I do best...working out!

No comments: