Saturday, December 5, 2009

Average Jus Update

Well in order to stop this blog getting to impersonal, I have decided today I will post about what is currently going on in my life.


Well its been a month since I had my shoulder reconstruction...and it really has been an amazing month! I spent 2 and a half weeks at home as I was in no shape to work. Initially I felt it was going to get pretty boring at home for that long, but in the end it was a really great opportunity to draw closer to God. I spent more time reading Gods word and more time digesting what I read. When I returned to work, I felt refreshed spiritually.

So I have been back at work now for 2 weeks, although the first week was cut short by a lot of shoulder pain, but I managed to make it all the way through this week despite the considerable pain it caused me. I was so close to not going in on both Thursday and Friday...how not staying at home made a big difference in the outcome of my week...

That is because I am now going to Canberra next week to help kick off a pilot with the office up there. I will be leaving on Monday morning and returning Friday night. I have no idea what to expect since I have been basically provided no information. Lets all pray that it doesnt end in disaster.


Another really big decision I have been recently praying about it...participating in a mission trip. I am planning on attending a mission trip to China in April next year. It will most likely be to Hengyang in the Hunan province. There I will be volunteering in an orphanage. I really feel God calling me to do this and I pray that he will use me in a way I can make a difference to the poor childrens lives. The trip will go for 16 days, but I will most likely do a bit of traveling after that, but Im still to decide where exactly I would go to.

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my own problems, my own situations, I forget how lucky I am. I get so concerned about such little things, but in the scheme of things they are so insignificant. Sometimes I need to take a step back and put things in perspective. But that is usually harder said than done.

In other news, I have been stocking up on PS3 games, despite the fact my ability to really play is quite minimal at the moment. Currently the catalog goes as follows:
  • Killzone 2
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Guitar Hero 5
  • Rock Band
  • Band Hero
I also have 2 guitar controller, drum controller and microphone....and I can confidently say that my singing ability is up there with the best of them =P

No comments: