Tuesday, February 8, 2011

More than we can cope

Reading my daily Bible devotional tonight, the Bible scripture was from Numbers 11:11 where it has Moses cry out the following -
He asked the LORD, “Why have you brought this trouble on your servant? What have I done to displease you that you put the burden of all these people on me?
Was Moses a bad man? Had he done something to make God angry? From reading this story, we know that Moses had done as God had asked. But why then was he facing trials?
I wanted to share my thoughts on this devotional and this piece of scripture because I think its a common through process. We face trouble, we begin to feel its beyond what we can handle, what we can cope...and our natural response to all this is to ask God "what have I done to warrant this?"

Personally this has been something that I have asked a lot recently and the answer that comes to mind time and time again is that its part of the process, its preparation for what is to come. God doesnt do anything for the fun of it...He wont put us through hard situations because He likes to see us unhappy.

So I just pray that you will push on and trust God's plan for your life. God is with you and no matter what you face, our Lord will find a means for you to make it through!

No comments: