Sunday, February 20, 2011

Another year flashes by...

Well today I turned 28...actually stating that in my opening sentence actually goes against what I have been trying to achieve, being to keep it as low key as possible. I didnt plan anything major, just a few gatherings with friends and family over the weekend. Last night I had the amazing opportunity to eat at Vlados with some awesome company. Basically a restaurant suited to those who could do steak for breakfast lunch and dinner...this place has photos of cows as decorations on the walls! While some people may find this a little threatening...cows watching you while you eat them...I took a different way and found myself daydreaming over which of the assortment of cows on the wall looks most delicious =) The night was rounded out with some delicious birthday cheesecake back at my friends place. A really fun night out!



Today I was out and about, lunch with friends and dinner with family, gym in between....but on a whole...a relatively quiet weekend...just the way I like it...and the way I probably need it. The reason for that being...I have been incredibly sick this week. Starting as just a throat cough early monday...it turned in to a serious fever which had me bed-ridden for 3 days. For me to take 3 days off work suggests something is not quite right. Probably the most disappointing part of it...well apart from missing gym for the whole week...was the fact that I was so unwell I couldnt even enjoy those 3 days at home...I was in bed...full stop. Any attempt to sit up and watch a bit of TV was met with throbbing head pain and non-stop coughing...so it was usually back to bed quite quickly. Luckily I am almost over that...although the cough is persisting...hopefully a day or two more is all it needs.

The other reason I opted for a quiet weekend was due to the fact that tomorrow afternoon Im flying out to Singapore for work. I will be there for a week attending a Google training course which comes from being partners with them. So while the main reason for the trip is work...I will be making the most of my time there and hitting the town every night to try the various foods and shopping up before coming back! All of this I will definitely post some information about in the coming weeks.

So as I look back over the past year....it was a pretty awesome year. So much occurred that I never thought was possible. So much took place that I never thought I could achieve. But in the end...Im truly grateful for the doors that God has opened up before me over the past 12 months.

Here's to another 12 months of awesome times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday for yesterday Justin. Glad you had a lovely day. Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Not much fun at all. Enjoy your trip to Singapore. Hope to see some photos on your blog in coming days. Take care.