Thursday, February 10, 2011

Got a plan?

I dont know if its a good or bad trait...but I always like to ensure I have a plan. I always like to make sure everything is organised. Whether it be from ensuring I have a reservation when going out for dinner (even on a quiet night...) to my trips overseas where I will have almost everyday planned out to the most minute detail...I dont like doing things without a plan.


In my opinion though, this has its good and bad points...it does ensure that we will get to do what we want to do...but at the same time it does eliminate the opportunity to be spontaneous. But at the end of the day, I think its a good thing.

But beyond that, I think when you plan something for someone else...this really demonstrates how much that person means to you. For example, when I went to Canada...the plans for my trip were mostly taken care of...and this was something that I appreciate a huge amount. Or if you were to plan something special for someones Birthday/Special occasion....you do this because that person is important to you...and you want to show them they are important to you.

At this stage you might be saying "what is your point!". Well dont fret...I have a point. This morning when I was praying, a thought came to mind. I trust God has a plan for my life, I believe God has a plan for my life. But when you really think about it...the big picture...God has created a plan for your life! But he hasnt just created a plan for one day...or one week...or even one month. He has created a plan for your entire life. From the moment you entered this world through to the day you pass away...God has path He has set before....and that path is amazing! You need only look at the men in the Bible who followed Gods purpose and plan in their lives and you will see absolutely phenomenal things happen! My favorite example again is Joseph. He followed the Lord...even when the goings got tough. He continued to follow the Lord...even when the goings got even tougher! And in the end he was given it all!

You might wonder why bad things happen along the journey...I feel there are generally two reasons for this and it all depends on how is your relationship with God....

1) You are following God, if you are feeding on His word and you heart, your passions are in line with His. When you are living a life pleasing to God, you will still hit obstacles, you will still come up against trials...just as we see with Joseph. But in the end when you look at the big picture...you will see those trials were stepping stones on the path to the finish line. They werent there to make you give up...they were there to help you grow and develop.

2) You are away from God...you are just living your life the way you want. Its in this situation that you are not living the way God intended. You might believe you are doing good things....but the problem is you are not following the path God mapped out before you. And its in this situation that we will hit trials...but these are trials that God didnt intend for us.

Just a note on not following the path God set out...this doesnt mean that God is a control freak who wants you to do exactly as He says. Its totally different from this. God loves you...and He has a perfect plan for you. But you have the choice whether to follow it or not. So just like if you create  plan for someone you care about...if they choose to ignore that plan...things wont work out as expected.

So I think the big thing for me is...putting this all in perspective...it just shows how important each of us are to God. Despite there being close to 7 billion people in the world...God has mapped out our lives individually. Its in that we see just how much God loves each and everyone of us. So no matter how you feel or what you are going through...always remember that God loves you and he has path for you to follow in your life.

For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.   (Jeremiah 29:11)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Justin. You have bben very quiet of late. I hope everything is OK for you. Amanda