Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Submitting to God...its in His hands

Well you never know what is around the corner...this morning I though tomorrow would be a nice day...I actually planned to meet one of the leaders from church in the afternoon....but then BAMB! By the afternoon I had been told that I was needed (I tend to disagree that Im really needed...but who am I to argue) in Canberra for a presentation tomorrow. So after a number of phone calls, I have my flights booked (unfortunately I cant get a direct flight back...I have to go via Sydney) and Im ready to go.

When I finally got home tonight, I was ready to go straight to bed and forget today...but there was something on my mind that I wanted to share with you...something that God had put on my mind today

Be careful the words you speak. I know that when I get frustrated with someone, I can easily say things I will later regret. It is definitely an area I need to work on, but I know through God's grace I will break that stronghold. In James 3:5-6 it speaks of this:
Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.
 This is a really good analogy, because it highlights how dangerous our words can be! We must exercise self-control and ensure that we are not freely cursing others and using bad language. For this is the very tongue we use to sing praises to our Lord, for as we read further along in the chapter from verses 9-10:
With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.
So I just encourage you to tame your mouth, do not lack self-control and show caring and understanding for one another, show forgiveness just as Jesus calls us to, one example being in Mark 11:25:
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.
 I pray this will help you and I pray that God is with you always

No comments: