Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hope in hardship

I know that God is always with me. From the moment I wake up in the morning, to the time i rest my head on the pillow at night...He is always there with me. I know He loves me...there are countless verses throughout the Bible that testify to that. I know that if I listen to Gods purpose I will lead an awesome life, an extraordinary life!

But despite these things...I still face hard time, I still come against problems. Whether it be in my workplace or my social life, there are going to be troubles.

I have been put in situations at work where it is near impossible for me to achieve what my boss expects of me using my own skill and ability. I feel under pressure...that there is no solution. But in these times I know that there is still a hope...and its name is Jesus Christ!

Psalm 46:1 says it well:
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble
See the point the Psalmist makes in stating that there will be trouble. He is not saying "God is our refuge and strength, but we wont have troubles". No...he is acknowledging the fact we will face troubles, BUT we have a hope in our amazing God!

Romans 8....what a chapter! So many verses that speak encouragement to us for times when we face troubles. Some that stand out are verse 28:
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose
Verse 31:
If God is for us, who can be against us?

And also verses 38-39:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
But sometimes I feel like Im on the edge...like I cant take anymore trouble. But you know what I do in these situations...I just pray. I just pour out my feelings to God. And I also praise Him. You might think thats crazy! "Why you praise God when He hasnt even done anything yet?" Well the fact is He has already done something for me...He sent His only son to die for me on the cross! Thats the most powerful thing anyone could ever do for me! To die for me and take my sin, my punishments upon himself...even when I was still a sinner. When you put it all in perspective...you come to realise that God has already done amazing things for us...He loves us more than anything else possible.


And at the end of the day...nothing is impossible with God! So the problems Im having in my life...be it work related or otherwise...these are actually trivial...but God will still work in my situation...as long as I have faith and praise Him.

Sorry if my post today is a little incoherent....Im in a huge amount of tooth pain right now and its causing me trouble thinking straight. But I just pray that when you are facing a problem...dont despair...for we have an amazing God that loves us and will never leave us! If we follow Him...he will never lead us into a situation we cannot survive

"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)

No comments: