Monday, November 23, 2009

What did I watch/read during my break...

I was just thinking about all the TV and books I watched/read while I was recovering from surgery, so I thought I might note down what I went through and what was good...

Books




Drawing Near (John Bevere)
 This is an amazing book which talk about living a life of intimacy with God. Highly recommend.
The Sacred Romance (Brent Curtis and John Eldridge)
This another great book that talks about drawing closer to the heart of God
Cross Country (James Patterson)
Another book that focuses on Detective Alex Cross. Not one of the best books, but very brutal storyline.

TV Series

24 (Season 2 and 3)
Jack Bauer must be tired of saving the world by now....arent they up to season 8 now?



Curb Your Enthusiasm (Season 1 and 2)
The intro music for this show is the best. And Larry David is pure comic genius...but we already knew that from Seinfeld.



The Shield (Season 1 and 2)
 Awesome cop drama...Vic Mackey is my hero!
Chobits

Anime that talks about the relationship between humans and AI. Really nice series.
Movies






2012
Big budget blockbuster disaster movie which had me laughing more that it probably would have hoped

Harry Potter and Half Blood Prince

Just another HP film...nothing special to note here
Gen X Cops

Big budget film making comes to HK, but they forgot the storyline. But was still good way to relax one afternoon.



Ghost In The Shell

A female cyborg cop and her partner hunt a mysterious and powerful hacker called the Puppet Master. One of the first anime films I watched. Still awesome to watch second time around
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

So-so story about game show impresario Chuck Barris...but I was only half awake due to the medication



The Girl That Lept Through Time

Awesome story by Mamoru Hosoda about the consequences of time travel
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of Wind

Despite being made back in the early 80's, this is a well produced, beautiful story by Hayao Miyazaki



Futurama movies (The Beast with a Billion Backs, Bender's Game and Into the Wild Green Yonder)

Futurama is one of the most underrated shows ever created and the four movies they created are all gold! Cant wait for the new season next year!

But after all that..all I really want to do is....GET BACK INTO THE GYM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!

1 comment:

Lonely Girl said...

You will... Soon.. Just need to be patient :D
Maybe God want you to relax down and see things more clearly?? Hihihihi
Ganbatte!!!