Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My favourite iPhone applications

I've had my iPhone for about 4 months now and in that time I have played with a number of applications. While some of them are still in active use, there are others which slowly get used less and less before ending up in my Trash can.




So I have decided to make a list of my favourite applications for iPhone. This isn't a "Best apps for iphone" list, but rather a list of apps that I find most useful.



Tweetie2
Probably my most used app. Very easy to use and the best twitter client I have tried ($3.99)

eBuddy 
Second most used app on my iPhone. Very useful chat client which allows you to login to a variety of different chat accounts using a single login (Free)


Facebook
App which gives you a mobile friendly view of your facebook account. Essential for any iPhone user on facebook (Free)

Ping!
iPhone to iPhone messaging. Was initially free when I first got it, but now there is a cost. Benefit of this is it works like free SMS, but the downside is you can only message iPhone/iPod touch users. ($1.19)


Dropbox
Great app which allows you to  sync files across different computers and online. Also provides facility to share with other users (free)


Shazam
Ever hear a song and really want to know what it is? Then this app is perfect for you. It will sample some of the song then come back to you with name and artist! (free)

iTranslate
Really useful app if you want to quickly work out what a word/sentence is in another language (free)


iFitness
Actually this would be my top app if i wrote this 1 month ago. This is a great app for tracking your workouts and progress in the gym. You can record what exercises you did, how many sets and reps, and create graphs of your progress. Well worth the cost Even has descriptions/videos on exercises if you need help ($2.49)

Metlink Melbourne
Essential app for anyone in Melbourne who uses public transport. Gives you access to timetables and the sorts as well as can help you work out how to get to your destination using various forms of public transport


Tap Tap
Currently I have four versions of this on my iPhone, TapTap 2, TapTap 3, TapTap NIN, TapTap Coldplay. Best game for iPhone! Works like DanceDanceRevolution, except you use your  fingers and shake the iPhone too. Great selection of songs on all versions! ($1.19)
    Special Mentions

    Evernote - Great app for storing notes or what ever pops into your head
    Knights - Awesome game, especially when waiting for something/someone
    Table Tennis - Another good game
    DoodleBuddy - Paint for iPhone. Very useful and fun, especially when you connect with another person via wifi

    2 comments:

    Lonely Girl said...

    Knights?? is it about racing??

    Jus@Melb said...

    Knights is a game where you defend your castle from the onslaught of various enemies. There is a cut down free version, but I opted for the full version, check it out at http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/knights-onrush/id312494232?mt=8