Friday, October 16, 2009

Solid Arms Session

Knowing what to do on the day that falls between PT sessions is sometimes a hard task. So last night I queried my PT as to what i should do today...and his answer was "Arms" -


Now arms are one body part that in isolation i dont give a lot of time to. I spend a lot of time working on my abs, shoulders, back and legs...but arms fall to the end of the list.

Now the particular workout i did was as follows:

  1. Dips - 10 sets of 10 reps
  2. Lying Tricep extenstions - 3 sets of 10 reps
  3. Incline Bicep curls - 10 sets of 10 reps
  4. Standing Hammer curls - 3 sets of 10 reps
  5. Hanging Leg raisese - 3 sets of 15 reps
  6. Plank (arms on bench, feat on SB) 3 x 1min
  7. Inverse rows - 3 sets of 10 reps
Not as long as my regular workouts...but i assure you that by the end of the session my arms were totally spent!! Also instead of doing 3 sets of 80-100% intensity, I'm doing 10 sets at 60% intensity. Im still reading about the benefits of this, but my PT is giving me more info each time I have a session with him. Once I have the full picture of the benefits on this approach I will outline it.

But it was all worth the pain...because i followed the session up with a delicious EyeFillet Steak at Squires Loft....makes all the effort worth it!

Now i get to look forward to my PT session tomorrow which will no doubt leave me in a state of pain!

No comments: