Sunday, January 23, 2011

What you have in your life

The other day I was sitting at the tram stop waiting for a friend. Recently I have been spending majority of my alone time listening to podcasts on my iPhone and this time was no different. I wasnt really paying attention to the goings on around me, but rather just listening intently to the words being spoken to me over the podcast. But at some point, a lady sat down next to me on the seat, followed by a handful of kids. Anyone who knows me, will know that I think children are beautiful and as I looked across at the happy kids, my attentions was drawn to the father who had just walked over...for he worked with me! Although we know each other by face, we have never spoken as we work in different areas. But I have seen him around enough to recognise him. Despite the fact the children were happily playing and calling to their father, he looked uncomfortably tense at this moment.

Why have I brought this up you may ask? Well the reason I have written this down is because on countless occasions I have seen this very many acting intimately with a woman at and around the office. Of course this other woman is much younger than his wife and they are easily at various times during the week doing things that a couple would do. Despite being married with kids he still feels the need to satisfy himself through another woman...and no doubt this is why he was looking very tense and nervous upon seeing me. Naturally, he quickly moved his family on before too long.

The really sad part is...this isnt the only man I know to be cheating on his wife in my office. Both men have kids as well. Doesnt this just break your heart to think that these men care so little about there family, about their kids, that they can just go off and satisfy their needs like this.

Some people may argue that people get bored, that this is common these days, that men need to be satisfied. Well you may believe these things, I sure dont, but the part that upsets me is the disregard for the children and also the lack of appreciation for what they have. Ultimately if things go bad, its not just their lives that will be shattered, but the lives of their wife, children and family.

As I thought about this more, this lack of appreciation for what has been given to them, my first thoughts were that when I have a family I would never imagine doing this. But I also found myself thinking more about the appreciation side of things. Needless to say if I had a family such as this, they would be the most important thing to me and I would do all I can to take care of them and ensure they are happy.

But what about the things I have now...the things that God has given me so far? Do I appreciate them? Or am I just looking at bigger and better things? I like to think that I appreciate the blessings that I have received...but I know that there are circumstances where I am not as grateful as I ought to be.

While I may feel down because I dont have the things that my heart desires...that should not mean that I dont appreciate the things that I do have today. God is truly a great God and I can see all throughout my life, instances where God has blessed me and worked miracles in my life. Lord...I am eternally grateful for all do in my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i always believe that you will be a good husband and a good father when you have a family. :-)


yun

Jus@Melb said...

Thank you Yun...thats very kind of you to say

Lonely Girl said...

Totally agree with what Yun said. Hope you find your other half and always happy..

Georgina said...

It is easy sometimes to not see how wonderful life already is and not appreciate what I already have. So it's always good to see something, such as this post, to remind myself to be take a moment to appreciate today.

Jus@Melb said...

Its always encouraging to see a comment like this...thanks =)