Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New day...

I must admit lately, I haven't felt the best. I have felt like I have been struggling to get by, battling to succeed and generally having a tough time. I have asked God why certain things have happened and why other certain things have not happened.


There are times I just try to do things by my own strength, where I feel that I can do it on my own and I dont need God's hand. But this is a big trap that I must stop myself from falling into. Everything I have is from God. Every ability, every skill, every talent...they are all from God. When you break it down, there really is nothing that I can do myself...for I am nothing but a broken vessel. But when I give God the opportunity to take hold of the situations...it is then that I truly see great things occur.

I know that when I submit to God...things wont always be perfect. There will still be bumps in the road, there will still be trials, there will still be times when I question God as to why we must take the path that I am on. But time and time again, I see that when I am faithful, when I allow God to guide me...the end result is always what I need.

I say "what I need"...because there are times that what I want and what I need conflict with each other. But our Lord in heaven knows what I really need. This doesnt mean that I blindly follow Him...but rather I realised in the past that if there are times when Im praying for things that Im not getting and when I look back in hindsight I realise that the very thing I wanted would have ultimately caused more trouble for me than I need.

But God does want to grant the desires of our hearts. He has put desires in our hearts, and whether it be for a beautiful person you long to be your partner or simply a delicious food...we hear in Psalm 20 (verses 4-5) that God truly wants to grant our prayers -
May he give you the desire of your heart
   and make all your plans succeed.
May we shout for joy over your victory
   and lift up our banners in the name of our God.
   May the LORD grant all your requests.
Simply put...God wants us to be happy. As long as we are faithful to God...He will be faithful to us.

Each morning we wake up ...we have a choice to either look at what we have or look at what we dont have. We have a choice to rejoice in a new day...or to grumble over what awaits us.

God has blessed me so abundantly...in more ways than I realise at times. I have beautiful friends...amazing family....a good job....good health...everything I need.
The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
he leads me beside quiet waters, 
he refreshes my soul. 
He guides me along the right paths 
   for his name’s sake. 
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, 
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; 
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. (Psalm 23)

No comments: