Sunday, September 18, 2011

Just doing what we can

Its closing in on 9pm and Im sitting alone in the desserted office. Everyone else has long gone home to their wife, husband, kids, boyfriend, girlfriend...loved ones. Even the cleaners have done their job and have gone. But I still sit there alone...in the office...working away...but for what? To meet the deadline for a client that actually couldn't care less if you gave up your social life completely for their project just so it came on the impossible deadline they set?

This is a common story for me...and while my boss can count himself lucky that I dont have a loved one to go home to...I do begin to wonder why I bother doing this. But when I begin to question my motives, I remember that there is one who is always with me and sees everything I do. Our heavenly father never leaves our side...no matter how the circumstances look around us, He is always there. The odds may be stacked up against us, our friends may have long desserted us, you may feel that you do not have the strength to achieve a solution...but no matter how things look around you...God will always be there.

People will let you down, disappoint you, disappear at the vital moment, forget you...but God will never let you down. He sees all you do, He sees the state of your heart, the fears that are consuming you and the desires that you are crying out for!

I try to do my best in all that I do. I know some people will disagree with this...they will say that I have let them down, disappointed them, hurt them...but I honestly try my best. But the fact is...Im not perfect. I will make mistakes, I will fall short, I will not meet peoples needs 100%. This isn't an excuse...its just a simple fact. But the reality is...Im not meant to do it all...Im will never be 100%... perfection is out of my reach....but our heavenly father will meet all our needs, He will never disappoint and He is perfect!

Psalm 18:30 says it this way:
As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
Psalm 34:8 says the following:
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him
Hebrews 4:16 encourages us with these words:
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Isaiah 41:10 states that:
So do not fear, for I am with you;    do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

The purpose of these scriptures is to underline my points...that God is a perfect God who never leaves us and will always be for us in times of trouble. His love is everlasting, His grace is sufficient, His power is undefeated.

While Im here...I will continue to do what I can...but I know at the end of the day I can do nothing except by the power and grace of our God in heaven. I will make mistakes...but He will lift me up. My strength will falter...but He will empower me. I will grow weary...but He will give me rest. We are so blessed to have a God who loves us so much. He made each of us exactly for this moment...no one is here by mistake. I pray you never forget this and close with one piece of scripture that I hold onto throughout any trial I face...

The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
(Psalm 118:6)

No comments: