Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pause...

Over the past week, one thing has become really clear to me and that is this is a time for me to "pause" and wait on God. Since I got back from mission, my emotions have been up and down...I have been pulled left and right...and all this is creating a lot of noise which ultimately makes it difficult to hear God speaking to me.

In Psalm 130:5 it says:
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
       and in his word I put my hope.
This is something that I feel speaks to me in particular during this period. There are many things that I have been challenged in relation to since my trip, things in my life that I need to work on, change, or remove. That is why I feel it is so vital that I slow things down and wait upon His word.

That's not to say that I'm going to retreat, drawing away from others. I think its actually quite important that I speak to others, but at the same time I have to be focused and disciplined in mind and wait for God's word, what is His next steps for my life. But in some areas, I need to slow things down, pause...and wait on God.

One of the biggest things that I came away with from my trip to China was a strengthened belief and trust in the amazing things that God can do through our lives if we love Him, trust Him and follow Him. For I know that the things that I was able to do in China was not by my own strength...it was all from our amazing heavenly father!

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14

No comments: